What is Zoom?
Zoom is an enterprise Video Conferencing Solution. You can use Zoom for 1:1 Meetings, Team Meetings, Organizational Meetings, Conferences and Webinars.
Access the FNU Zoom page using the following link (https://frontier.zoom.us/) or select Apps > Zoom from the FNU Portal.
How do I get started?
First, you need to sign up for Zoom using your FNU account. Please follow the steps listed in the following document to sign up for and authenticate your Zoom account: Zoom Sign-Up Instructions
Next, you'll need to download the Zoom Client. Once the client is installed, you can invite users to your meetings by creating events in Google Calendar or sending a direct link in a message or email. From the FNU Zoom page, click Downloads. Then download and install the Zoom Client for Meetings software.
- How do I schedule a meeting?
The easiest way to schedule a Zoom meeting is with the Zoom Chrome Extension. The Zoom Extension allows you to easily create Zoom meetings on Google Calendar. Navigate to the Downloads section of the FNU Zoom page and click the link to Get the extension from the Chrome Web Store.
After adding the extension, you will need to sign in. Click the extension to sign in.
After authenticating your Google account, you can now add Zoom events to Google Calendar.
- Click the Extension and select Schedule a Meeting. Calendar will open to a new event window, with scheduling options.
- Adjust the settings to fit your needs then click Continue to add the Zoom link to the event details.
- Add any guests and then Save the event. The event card will appear similar to the image below.
- Open Google Calendar and create a new event.
- Add your Title, Guests, and Description to the event.
- When you are ready to save the event, click Make it a Zoom Meeting
- After clicking Make it a Zoom Meeting, a Zoom link will automatically be added to the event and the event will save.
- How do I host a meeting?
Please watch the following video to learn how to host a meeting in Zoom. (Click pop-out button to view in fullscreen)
- How do I join a meeting?
Please watch the following video to learn how to join a Zoom meeting. (Click pop-out button to view in fullscreen)
- How do I use Zoom Virtual Backgrounds?
The virtual background feature allows you to display an image or video as your background during a Zoom Meeting.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Select Virtual Background.
- Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
- Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking + and choosing if you want to upload an image or a video.
- If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
Still Need Help?
If you want to find out more about Zoom features and how to use them, Zoom has great tutorial videos available via their Tutorials and Resources page.
Click here to see Zoom Tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials
Click here to see Zoom Resources or submit a ticket with Zoom Support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us